Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sweat Poems

chance-composition, found phrases, sweaty things

many thanks to kristy lueshen; time spent with her in summer heat inspired many of these delusional moments.

1.
it makes me so anxious, om, inclusion monotone
and besides, I decided to forget all about drum circles
when I realized my, om, my fear of form,
the need of a fixed line

still, I would choose the well-worn circle
of all of these afghans
that have been your insides all winter
the ceiling fan, om, is not working

2.
I meant to dock, yes sir, but never to melt this way
wilting like the heads of flower children
in a wasteland garden apartment

I cannot blame them

for the particle floating in my teacup,
turned misnomer, isolated on its own layer, made from fine bone
and today, the wind only carried fuck sounds


3.
I know now that my ribs aren’t broken
just fragile boxes above my pelvis
stuck up on the fourth floor in a pliƩ
my doctor told me not to worry
oh my, he doesn’t know enough about cartography


4.
the new wave is now a western

commute to cupcakes with a heavy queen
a sludgy morass of familiar power,

sanguine about the big fly by tree lines
bring bread just to be safe, a psychic feed
walking away from the apostolic, there is no superior street

my mother gave me these hands,
but everything wants to fall out of them

No comments:

Post a Comment